8 Best Holiday Gifts for Drivers
By: Good2GoPublished: December 22, 2014
The holidays are here and if you’ve waited until the last minute (again) to get that special someone a gift this year, we’ve got you covered. Here are the best gifts for any driver in your life.
- For the neat freak: Car care products are a dream come true for overprotective drivers who can’t stand the sight of dirt, debris or grime on their beloved vehicle. For the neat freak driver in your life, gift them with car cleaning products, wipes, air fresheners and surface protectants. Not sure where to start? Check out ArmorAll’s website for ideas or browse through these cleaning kits.
- For the adventurer: If you have a buddy or relative that can’t pass up a good opportunity for a spontaneous road trip, we have the perfect gift for you. GPS devices and driver assistance applications are very popular, but if you want the best in navigation, go with the Garmin HUD. This navigation device projects mapping information onto your windshield, so you don’t need to look down when you’re driving. It is also compatible with Bluetooth enabled smartphones.
- For the DIY mechanic: Every family has that one uncle who claims he can fix all of your car troubles with a little bit of elbow grease and plenty of duct tape. Give Uncle Fix-It the ultimate mechanics tool set like one of these by Craftsman. These sets range from smaller 58 piece sets to those that carry 540 pieces. Or build a custom set if you know exactly what’s on his holiday gift list.
- For the well-prepared: Drivers need to be prepared for anything on the road, especially accidents and emergencies. If there is a driver in your life that you want to make sure stays safe at all times, consider getting them this DOT Road Kit. This kit includes an emergency warning triangle, first aid supplies and other useful tools. For the driver that already has a roadside safety kit, surprise them with the ResQMe Car Escape Tool. In the event that a driver becomes trapped inside their car, this tool is made to smash out a car’s side windows with 12 pounds of force. It also has the capability to cut through seat belts if needed. And the best part is, the ResQMe tool is trusted by policemen, firemen, and EMTs.
- For the child wrangler: Whether it’s a quick ride to a baseball game or a long drive to grandma’s house, in-car entertainment is a great way to keep the kids occupied. If you know a driver who could use a break from the little ones, look for some inexpensive back-seat entertainment options like a tablet headrest mount. Some mounts let you install an iPad or other tablet on the back of a headrest where it is easy to see and can be swiveled for optimal viewing. Check out these options from Amazon.
- For the action seeker: A lot of action can be found on the road and if you know someone who wants to always be where the action is, and get it on camera, there are a few pretty cool gifts you can put in their stocking. Dashcams are a great investment for any dashboard especially if the road is filled with reckless drivers and your driver may need proof in case of an accident. Another hot ticket item for the holiday season is the GoPro camera. These devices can be attached to cars, boats, and motorcycles at speeds exceeding 150mph. While we don’t recommend anyone exceed the speed the limit or break the law on behalf of shooting an amateur “Fast and Furious” video, this is a perfect gift for the daredevil in the family.
- For the party-goer: Breathalyzer apps and devices are growing in popularity and while they’re a great idea for keeping drunk drivers off the road, they are also more of a novelty gift. These are not the same devices used by police officers and the manufacturers of these devices recommend that you NOT USE personal breathalyzers to determine if you’re sober enough to drive. If you know a driver who is a hardcore party-goer, this may make them think twice about having a drink – or two or three at those holiday parties.
- For the animal lover: Plenty of drivers like to take their four-legged friends along for rides, but pet hair and dander can ruin the upholstery of car seats and floors. If there’s an animal lover in your life who could benefit from a pet hair-free car, gift them with an animal car seat cover. There are several designs that vary in size, softness and durability. Choose the one that best caters to your driver’s vehicle and pet.
It’s crunch time for the holidays and if you need a last minute gift for a driver you love, consider these eight gifts.
Good2Go wants you to drive safe – and affordably. Find out how you can protect yourself with Good2Go.com auto insurance. Get a car insurance quote today.
Photo Credit: kurhan/Shutterstock