Must-Have Car Accessories
By: Good2GoPublished: July 13, 2015
The automobiles of today come with many more accessories than they did just a few years ago. For instance, a navigation system in the dashboard; who would’ve thought? Believe it or not cup holders used to be considered an add-on. That’s right! You had to pay extra if you wanted a place to put your beverage. Luckily for us, cup holders have become standard and many of the accessories that used to be considered “luxurious” are commonplace. Depending on your needs and use of your vehicle will determine what accessories make sense for you, but below is a list of some car add-ons that you may find valuable.
General Car Accessories
- Jumper cables: Listing jumper cables as a must-have accessory in your car may seem rather mundane, but not to someone who has ever had a dead car battery. It can mean the difference between an expensive tow to a service station and getting back on the road in no time. Even better, you could be the Good Samaritan that comes to the aid of a stranded motorist.
- Multi-hub universal car charger: This accessory is ideal for handling the battery charging needs of your various electronics. Just knowing that you are able to keep your cell phone and those of your passengers fully charged makes it worth the cost.
- Cell phone holder: Speaking of our cell phones, some people like having a place to store their device. Better yet, leave it in the holder and go with hands free driving by setting your phone up to connect to a Bluetooth head piece. It will limit the number of distractions and allow you to focus on the road.
- Tire gauge: It is important to have a tire gauge in your car in order to monitor your car’s tire pressure. Tires lose pressure over time due to weather and other conditions. Your owner’s manual or the sticker on the driver’s side door jamb will state the correct pressure for both front and rear tires. By keeping your tires properly inflated your car will handle the road and weather conditions much better. You will also have the added benefit of achieving better fuel economy. Who doesn’t like saving money?
- Seat cushion: The addition of a basic seat cushion can help make your ride more comfortable. For a few more dollars you can add lumbar support to aid with any back problems. For those drivers who live in a colder climate there is always the heated version to help you stay warm.
- Automatic trunk release: Are you tired of the hassle of trying to open your car trunk while your hands are full of packages? Well the automatic trunk release is perfect for you, but be sure to spend the few extra dollars to get the spring loaded release model. The “trigger” motor option will release the lid’s lock but the spring loaded option will lift the lid open too.
Car Accessories for Families with Children
- DVD players and entertainment systems: The stress of keeping your children occupied on a long road trip used to be unavoidable, but not anymore. Now with the addition of these various electronic entertainment systems much of that stress has been eliminated. Just give your child their favorite movie to watch or game to play, plug in a set of headphones for them to use and everyone is happy; at least for a while anyway.
- Car vacuum: A car vacuum is always a handy accessory to have around in order to keep the interior of your car clean. If you have children it is an absolute necessity. Opt for the more powerful charger cable based vacuum models over the battery powered models to get the best cleaning results.
Car Accessories for Active People and Long Distance Travelers
- Roof rack: The roof rack is a multi-purpose accessory to carry some of your larger items such as a kayak or that extra luggage you need for that extended trip.
- Bike rack: The bike rack is a must have accessory for bike enthusiasts. You can choose between roof mounted racks and those that mount to the rear of your car depending on your preference.
Good2Go Auto Insurance knows how important it is for you to keep your car on the road. At Good2Go, we specialize in minimum coverage auto insurance to get you driving legal for less. We are always concerned about your safety while also looking for ways to help make your car insurance more affordable. With that in mind, Good2Go rewards our drivers who take advantage of installing certain safety features in their cars.
- Remote anti-theft-security system and VIN etching: By taking the necessary steps to protect your car from criminals, you could save money on your car insurance with Good2Go’s Anti-Theft Discount. Cars with a built-in anti-theft system (factory-made or self-installed) and VIN etching could earn a discount up to 5% on the comprehensive portion of your premium.
- Cell phone-text blocking device: Texting and driving is a dangerous activity. Good2Go Auto Insurance rewards safe drivers that install a textblocking device in their cars with an instant 5% car insurance discount.
We offer low down payments and easy monthly payment plans to get you on the road for less. It’s legal, cheap, and easy! You can get your free car insurance quote from Good2Go Auto Insurance today!